fucking customer service

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Squeezit

PostSubject: fucking customer service   Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:40 pm

Quote :
You have been connected to ~Daly B.
David Kennedy: um...hello?
~Daly B: Hello David, Thank you for contacting T-Mobile Chat service. My name is Daly B and for your reference my rep ID is 13-20840. First, please allow me one moment to review your question.
David Kennedy: uhh, well i have a few questions :/
~Daly B: I understand that you contacted us because you have billing questions. How can I help?
David Kennedy: well first question, Am i talking to a bot? or a real person?
~Daly B: Your chatting with a real person.
David Kennedy: thank
David Kennedy: you
David Kennedy: anyways, so i've been on the phone with t-mobile for just over an hour, 45 minutes of which i was on hold for
David Kennedy: the lady i spoke to wasnt exactly rude, but was far from polite, anyways she was helping with my bill
~Daly B: I'm sorry for any frustration.
David Kennedy: then i got hung up on, long story short, i was arguing with her about having to pay for 2 new phones i received that didnt work
David Kennedy: i was recently sent a new phone in the mail because mine wasnt working
David Kennedy: the new phone i received didnt work either, so i was told free of charge i'd be sent a new one
David Kennedy: according to the lady i was speaking to, im being charged for both phones
David Kennedy: so theres my first problem right there, is that the 2nd phone was supposed to be free of charge
David Kennedy: and my complaint is that both of them should be free of charge
David Kennedy: because the 2nd phone i was sent ALSO does not work
~Daly B: I'm sorry for any issues this caused regarding this matter. I can look into this matter further.
David Kennedy: on top of al this, my internet stopped working on my phone, which i need, about 6 days ago. i had someone troubleshoot a bit with me, but no answer was reached
David Kennedy: I would appreciate that
~Daly B: Thank you. I will be back in three to five minutes. I appreciate your patience.
David Kennedy: Im a little upset that i have to pay a full charge for services that are not working
David Kennedy: ok thank you
David Kennedy: also i'd like to let you know that she said she fixed that before she transferred me to a supervisor, but im looking at my bill and its still the same
~Daly B: Thanks for your patience. I will be with you shortly.
~Daly B: Thanks for your patience. There is no extra costs for this exchange order. You were charged for 19.99 express shipping , but this was waived.
David Kennedy: for the 2nd order? then i was told otherwise, and my bill shows im getting charged 40
David Kennedy: sorry i was wrong, it shows im being charged 29.98
~Daly B: I can look into the details of this. I was simply viewing your current exchange order. One moment please.
David Kennedy: One time charge for Equipment Shipping/Handling $29.98
David Kennedy: which when i made the original exchange i was told it would only cos 20 because im not having it rushed..
~Daly B: I can look into this. I will be back shortly. thank you.
David Kennedy: thank you
~Daly B: Thanks for your patience. I'm sorry for the wait. The $29.98 was the shipping for both exchange orders. One was $9.99 + $19.99= $29.98. I have already waived the $19.99 shipping charge.
David Kennedy: ok let me just take a quick second to look at my bill now, i still have more problems
~Daly B: No problem at all.
David Kennedy: ok I appreciate your helpw ith that, now real quick, by late invoice fee, does that mean i was late in paying the bill?
David Kennedy: if thats the case, then does asking for an extension not cover the invoice charge?
~Daly B: Yes, this was for the 5/7/2010 invoice. Unfortunately payment arrangements do not prevent late payment charges. They prevent interruption of service.
~Daly B: I'm very sorry.
David Kennedy: I see, I did not know that. thank you
David Kennedy: now my last problem, im not sure you can help me with
David Kennedy: my internet hasnt been working on my phone for the past several days
David Kennedy: im pretty upset abou thtat because i use it regularly
~Daly B: I'm sorry to hear that. I can look into this matter.
David Kennedy: now i have a friend who didnt have internet for 1 day, and called in and got his bill for free that month, as much as id love that, im not asking for it for free however
David Kennedy: id want it fixed or i dont want to have to pay for it if i cant use it
~Daly B: IOt appears that further troubleshooting with tech support was required. So you an not access the Internet right now?
David Kennedy: I cannot
David Kennedy: on my phone that is
~Daly B: Thank you. Your currently using the G1 and has this worked since you received the phone?
David Kennedy: well its worked until about 5 or 6 days ago
David Kennedy: i followed the steps that the woman gave me to troubleshoot it
David Kennedy: i have not done a master reset yet because i forgot how on the G1
~Daly B: Thank you. Are you in your home calling area?
David Kennedy: and id rather not have to delete ALL my data by resetting hte entire phone
David Kennedy: I am not, im currently in alabama/florida, but ive been here for over 2 months and its been working
David Kennedy: I wont be back in arizona till around next month
~Daly B: I understand. No problem at all. Can you send picture messages or text messages?
David Kennedy: i can send text messages, i dont know about picture. should i try it real quick?
~Daly B: No need. That is fine. What happens when you attempt to access the Internet?
David Kennedy: web page is not available will attempt to load when connection is available
David Kennedy: i dont even get that E or 3g at the top anymore either
~Daly B: Thank you. Could I get a zip code in your area?
David Kennedy: 36322
~Daly B: Thank you. I will be back in three to five minutes. Thanks for your patience.
~Daly B: Thanks for your patience. I will need to transfer you to technical care for further assistance. May I transfer you there?
David Kennedy: yes you may, thank you for all your help so far
~Daly B: Thank you. Please allow a moment to get the next available technical support agent.
David Kennedy: thank you very much, you were much more helpful than the woman i spoke to on the phone
~Daly B has left the session.
Please wait while we find an agent from the Support department to assist you.
You have been connected to _Kymm G.
_Kymm G: Hi David , welcome to T-Mobile live Chat. I’m _Kymm and I will be happy to assist you. Please give me a moment to review your question.
_Kymm G: You're welcome.
_Kymm G: I understand your concern with the bill. I'm happy to look into this for you. I want to start by thanking you for being a loyal T-Mobile customer!
David Kennedy: actually
David Kennedy: i spoke to someone about the bill already
David Kennedy: im still a little upset about it, but its a bit better now
David Kennedy: isnt this tech support she transferred me to?
_Kymm G: I do regret that you feel this way.
_Kymm G: This is tech support.
_Kymm G: How may I assist you?
David Kennedy: ok well my tech concern is
David Kennedy: they sent me multiple phones and each one has a problem, the problem with my phone is it cannot connect to my computer (unless i turn on debug mode)
David Kennedy: but ignoring that problem
David Kennedy: the main problem i have and im really upset about
David Kennedy: the internet ive been paying for on my phone has not worked in 5/6 days
_Kymm G: I know that can be frustrating.
_Kymm G: I'm happy to help.
David Kennedy: especially when my roommate wont let me on the internet i pay half the bill on <_<
_Kymm G: May I please have the address where you are located? I'd like to check for any outages in your area.
David Kennedy: (address)
_Kymm G: Thank you.
_Kymm G: I dont' see any outages in your area.
David Kennedy: yeah when i called tech support they said the same
_Kymm G: Can you turn the phone off and remove the battery?
_Kymm G: I'm going to refresh your network connection.
David Kennedy: i have done that, but i will do it again
David Kennedy: ok
David Kennedy: tell me when its ok to turn it back on
_Kymm G: You can turn it back on.
David Kennedy: ok, it takes a bit to turn on
David Kennedy: ok its on
David Kennedy: should i try the internet now?
David Kennedy: i still dont have an E or 3g logo at the top
David Kennedy: "the page will continue loading after connection has been restored"
David Kennedy: mhm
_Kymm G: Please stand by while I research your issue.
_Kymm G: I appreciate your patience.
_Kymm G: Not a problem.
_Kymm G: Let's make sure that Airplane mode is not on.
_Kymm G: From the Home screen, press the Menu key.
Tap Settings.
Tap Wireless controls.
Tap Airplane mode to turn on or off.
David Kennedy: its not, i tried that already, but i'll follow your instructions already
David Kennedy: ok turned it on and off again
_Kymm G: Next, we'll check your signal strength.
David Kennedy: already/anyway, oops
David Kennedy: its at 5 bars if that helps
Tap Settings.
Tap About phone.
Tap Status.
Verify that the Network is T-Mobile.
_Kymm G: Verify that the Signal strength is lower than -80 dbm. If it is above a -85 dbm, the device is in a very poor network coverage area.
_Kymm G: What is that number?
David Kennedy: yep, network is tmobile, signal strength -63 dBm 25 asu
_Kymm G: From the Home screen, tap the Browser icon.
Press the Menu key.
Tap More.
Tap Settings.
Tap and slide the menu upward.
Tap Clear cache or Clear history.
David Kennedy: did that already too, but i just did it again right now
David Kennedy: i also cleared cookies
David Kennedy: and its still not working
_Kymm G: We are going to have to master reset the device.
David Kennedy: thats not the reset that deletes all my data right?
David Kennedy: my apps i mean
David Kennedy: or rather i know a master reset isnt, but ive been mistold before <.<
_Kymm G: It is.
David Kennedy: oh..well my roommate wont let me use the wifi, so if this doesnt work then i'll lose all my apps without being able to regain them
David Kennedy: I'll do it anyways, i need the internet to work
_Kymm G: If you loose the applications, the free one's can be redownloaded and the paid for one's are saved in your downloads.
David Kennedy: right, i just have no ability to redownload them until im near a wifi network
David Kennedy: if i remember correctly the master reset is turn the phone off, then turn it back on and hold the fn key right?
_Kymm G: A master reset restores the original factory settings and may erase all downloaded content, including ringtones, images, programs, and contacts stored in the internal memory. You should also make sure that your customer has done a recent synch so all contacts are backed up to Gmail. It does not erase data stored on the SIM card or memory card (if available). A master reset will erase all your data and require you to sign in again and go through set up screens.
David Kennedy: how do you do a synch? although i dont believe i dont know if it will work considering my internet isnt
_Kymm G: You are correct. The phone will not be able to sync without a data connection.
David Kennedy: then i'll just have to do without, ok tell me what to do
_Kymm G: Tap Settings.
Tap and slide the screen upward.
Tap SD card & phone storage.
_Kymm G: Tap Factory data reset.
_Kymm G: Tap Reset phone.
_Kymm G: Tap Erase Everything.
David Kennedy: ok now just waiting on it
_Kymm G: Once the phone reboots, let me know if you have E or G.
David Kennedy: your phone is communicating with google servers setting up your account
David Kennedy: i do not
David Kennedy: "you dont have a network connection - this could be a temporary problem or your sim card may not be provisioned for data services. please try again when you are connected. If it continues call customer care"
David Kennedy: so im not going to have a phone now <_<
_Kymm G: Let's check your APN settings.
_Kymm G: From the home screen, press the Menu key.
Tap Settings. Tap Wireless Controls.
_Kymm G: Tap Mobile Networks.
_Kymm G: Tap Access Point Names.
_Kymm G: Press the Menu key.
Tap Reset to default.
David Kennedy: i cant get to the home screen
David Kennedy: it wont let me leave the you dont have a network connection page
David Kennedy: however i can press menu and go to wireless settings
_Kymm G: Great!
David Kennedy: from there i can go to "data roaming, use only 2g networks, network operators, access point names"
David Kennedy: which i assume the last one is what you want me to click on
David Kennedy: i clicked reset to default
_Kymm G: Access Point Names is at the bottom.
David Kennedy: yes, i clicked on that
David Kennedy: clicked menu, and clicked reset to default
David Kennedy: the only thing that shows up on that page is T-mobile US
David Kennedy: it had a bubble but no green dot in the center
David Kennedy: i clicked it, and now it has a green dot
David Kennedy: i still reset to default and the dots still there so i dont really knwo what that means
_Kymm G: Can you please try to access the web.
David Kennedy: ill have to try and sign in so my phone can set up
David Kennedy: still dont see an E or 3g
_Kymm G: Do you have another SIM card that you can test in your phone?
David Kennedy: i do not, im the only one with t-mobile out here
David Kennedy: the only friend i have with tmobile lives 3 hours away
David Kennedy: it says "you dont have a network connection"
_Kymm G: I can put notes in your account stating that you need to test a SIM card at your local T-Mobile store.
David Kennedy: ... that requires a vehicle, i sold my car. it might be a week or longer before i can get down there again
David Kennedy: and now after all this i cant even use my phone to call or text someone for a ride
_Kymm G: I understand that this is frustrating.
David Kennedy: im not angry with you, please dont get me wrong, but i've been doing this since 9am, and its now 12pm
David Kennedy: so yes, i am a bit irritated
_Kymm G: I know this is frustrating.
_Kymm G: If the phone will not detect the network, this can be directly related to the SIM card.
David Kennedy: well if i cant use my phone i better not have to keep paying for it
David Kennedy: thats quite unfair
David Kennedy: not to mention my family back home is going to have no idea what happened to me, and i have no other phone to reach them
_Kymm G: I understand your concern.
_Kymm G: You can certainly get a free replacement SIM at your local store. I will notate the account.
_Kymm G: If I send one out to you, it can take up to 7 business days.
David Kennedy: ...but how will i get to the store if i cant call anyone and ask for a ride?
David Kennedy: im sorry if i sound rude in anyway whatsoever
David Kennedy: but i really hope t-mobile intends to compensate me for my trouble and for my lack of ability to even use a phone
_Kymm G: I'm happy to provide a $10.00 courtesy credit for the inconvenience.
David Kennedy: ... i hate to sound greedy but that just doesnt seem sufficient for the past week ive been without internet, and this upcoming week that i may be without a phone if i cant find a way to get a ride
David Kennedy: we dont have busses out here and the nearest t-mobile is iin another city
_Kymm G: I understand.
_Kymm G: I know this can be frustrating.
David Kennedy: my friend has the same phone, same company, hes 3 hours away, he didnt have internet for a single day and made a complaint and he didnt even have to pay his bill that month, i'd say my situation is worse than his
_Kymm G: Please stand by while I research your issue.
David Kennedy: im sorry if i sound rude at all, its purely unintentional
_Kymm G: I do understand that it's concerning to be without your phone.
David Kennedy: yes, its my only contact that i have with anyone
_Kymm G: I regret that we will only be able to adjust your account for $10.00. Since your data services are $34.99, this adjustment covers more then a third of the month. This is the best adjustment that I am able to offer for your data service issues David.
David Kennedy: ... thats my data services
David Kennedy: i currently dont have phone, texting, or data
David Kennedy: i have nothing right now
David Kennedy: and i have no way of getting to the store
_Kymm G: Your phone requires a data connection to sign in.
_Kymm G: You can put your SIM card into another non Android device for voice and texting.
David Kennedy: ...
David Kennedy: i dont have another phone -_-
_Kymm G: When was the last time that you had data connection?
David Kennedy: about 6 days ago
David Kennedy: well 7, cause it was 6 days ago i found out my connection was shut off
_Kymm G: The next step in troubleshooting this issue is to file a trouble ticket.
_Kymm G: Regretfully, we can't do this until you have tested a new SIM card in the phone for 27-72 hours.
David Kennedy: ...
David Kennedy: so you cant compensate me anymore than just 10$ ?
David Kennedy: as unfair as that is, i'll take it. however i will be looking at other phone companies after this experience as well as other experiences i have had lately
David Kennedy: since i've been with t-mobile for 5 years, i'd think they'd try harder to keep my business
_Kymm G: David, I can provide $17.50 for your inconvenience.
_Kymm G: This is half a months data service.
David Kennedy: thank you very much..... (she doesnt get that its costing me my phone AND data..)
_Kymm G: You're welcome
_Kymm G: *.
David Kennedy: so this will be added to my account?
_Kymm G: Please allow me 2-3 minutes to apply this for you.
_Kymm G: Thanks.
David Kennedy: im sorry for being... a pain in the butt so to speak, I appreciate your help so far however...
_Kymm G: You're welcome. I know this is concerning.
_Kymm G: Your new balance due is $84.71. However, this amount is past due.
David Kennedy: i will be paying it as soon as i can find a ride to the store. however that will be hard now that i dont ahve a phone <_<
_Kymm G: I do see that your payments are being handled.
David Kennedy: what do you mean by that?
_Kymm G: There are notes in the account stating that your payment are set up on payment arrangements.
David Kennedy: my last payment was? i shouldnt be on anymore payment arrangements?
_Kymm G: Your last payment was on 6/18/2010.
_Kymm G: Your bill is due each month on the 7th.
_Kymm G: You have a past due amount of $84.71.
David Kennedy: yes, im aware, i have a hard time getting to the store since i sold my car
_Kymm G: Did you know that you can set up easy pay or make your payments online?
David Kennedy: you need a credit/debit card or checking account to do that
_Kymm G: You can use either.
David Kennedy: my bank likes to charge me 3$ per month to keep money in it, so i only put money in the account when i need to make a payment
David Kennedy: yes
_Kymm G: Have I addressed all of your concerns today?
David Kennedy: more or less
_Kymm G: Is there anything else we can assist you with today?
David Kennedy: thank you very much
David Kennedy: no that is all.
_Kymm G: You're welcome. Thank you for contacting T-Mobile Chat, have a great day!
for those of you who think tldr
long story short, i had several problems with my phone.
she compensated me 20$ for having a defect phone sent to me, however is still charging me 10$ for the other defect phone being sent to me

also, my bill is 102.50 and shes only compensating me 17$ (after i argued quite a bit) for not having data. well after she "fixed" my phone problem and spending 3 hours in this chat, she actually broke my phone even more than it was previously. And the Google Android phone REQUIRES an internet connection to set up, afterwards you can turn the internet off and youc an text/call/use wifi just fine.

roommate wont let me turn the wifi on, so im kinda SOL
not having internet for 2 weeks and not having a phone period, when its THEIR fault this happened, seems very insufficient for the 17$ (that i had to argue for) that they're crediting my account out of a 102$ bill
quite frankly i should not have to pay the bill at all for my trouble + lack of use its getting this month. but if you are precise on the matter, then in all fairness they should have taken atleast half my bill off altogether.

So its about time i look into a new phone company.

edit: fuck me i just looked at my bill and she didnt even credit the 17$ to my account, stupid fucking cunt
Back to top Go down
CrazedGamer
Admin

PostSubject: Re: fucking customer service   Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:42 pm

Stop paying through mail. Pay online. Credits will be shown online but I don't think a bill that was sent 2 weeks ago to get to your mailbox will.

Also if you complain enough you can get out of a contract without paying any fees. My Androids have yet to have problems but that's just me.

Edit: Thats why. T-Mobile. T-Mobile fails.

PostSubject: Re: fucking customer service   Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:15 pm

im not in a contract, and i've never paid by mail, i usually go into the store, or by credit card
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: fucking customer service   

Back to top Go down

fucking customer service
Page 1 of 1