Promenade
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Featured Song Here
Latest topics
» 100% Orange Juice Character Guide.
Cookbook: Pingas? EmptySat Jul 05, 2014 9:34 am by Maribo

» Budget cookin'
Cookbook: Pingas? EmptyMon Mar 17, 2014 9:17 am by sp0909

» Promenade "Photo OP"
Cookbook: Pingas? EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 1:38 am by medikun

» Lets make November Animation month?
Cookbook: Pingas? EmptyFri Nov 08, 2013 9:07 am by Yden

» I've opened up my playlist
Cookbook: Pingas? EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 3:20 am by sp0909

» Basic quest guide
Cookbook: Pingas? EmptyTue Sep 24, 2013 7:35 pm by Jinglestan

» Gibberish to Korean basic materials guide
Cookbook: Pingas? EmptySat Sep 14, 2013 2:11 pm by Jinglestan

» Mabinogi(Beginner guide inside)
Cookbook: Pingas? EmptySat Sep 14, 2013 10:03 am by sp0909

» Final Fantasy XIV
Cookbook: Pingas? EmptyTue Sep 10, 2013 7:26 pm by Maribo

» 25% off Final Fantasy 14
Cookbook: Pingas? EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 11:29 am by Yden

HTML5 Chat

Cookbook: Pingas?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Lymia
Lymia

Cookbook: Pingas? Empty
PostSubject: Cookbook: Pingas?   Cookbook: Pingas? EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 10:41 pm

I'm only gonna put down recipes that have worked for me because its pointless to share crap recipes or failed attempts.
So to start off....

Cookbook: Pingas? Th_strawberrycups
This doesn't really need directions besides the bottom 2 recipes. Or you can take a shortcut by buying everything premade. Just chop up the cake into small pieces, chop the strawberries, and layer them however you want with the whipped cream. Whipped cream is also easy....get heavy cream and a couple tablespoons of sugar in a bowl, then whisk it until it's whipped cream. You can even add some other diced up things like dates, macapuno, or some chopped dried fruit.

Genoise Cake
Spoiler:

Strawberry Syrup
Spoiler:
Blueberry Pancakes: Makes about 8 or 10
Cookbook: Pingas? Th_109_3162
Spoiler:
[b]

Last edited by Lymia on Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:00 pm; edited 34 times in total
Back to top Go down
Lymia
Lymia

PostSubject: Re: Cookbook: Pingas?   Cookbook: Pingas? EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 11:41 pm

Cookbook: Pingas? Th_recipenotes<--What my recipe notes look like when I'm figuring it out T_T

Breakfast

Crispycinno French Toast: If you want a non-coffee crispy french then replace the Kahlua with 1 tsp Vanilla and exchange Coffee for half-and-half/Milk
Cookbook: Pingas? Th_CrispyToast
Spoiler:

SANDWICHES

Sandwich Tips: and other such things involving bread
  • Lightly apply a fat-based spread on the inside of the bread to prevent a soggy sandwich. The layer of fat blocks water. Though there are some things that already include the spread in the filling (tuna salad with mayo). Other viable spreads include butter, jam, cheeses, and various other stuff that spreads.
  • You can also toast the inside instead. It doesn't block out water as well as an oil, but it adds an extra crunch. And if you're eating something like a tuna sandwich....it'll absorb some of that liquid and keep the insides from spilling all over the place.
  • Don't toss out bread if it's stale. Bread pudding and French toast were made to use stale bread.
  • You can also dry it out for a bit in the oven to make bread crumbs
  • PB&J is sometimes boring. Butter both sides and lightly toast them on a hot pan to give it some extra flavor.
  • Heat cold sandwich meat in a saucepan with about 1-2 Tbsp water, stock, or other flavorful liquid.
    [I prefer soy sauce+brown sugar. Or orange juice+cayenne pepper]
  • Toss lettuce in a LITTLE oil + vinegar. Then lightly season with salt and pepper.
  • BLT is already delicious. But I find it much better to layer it from top to bottom: TBL. Don't ask why.
  • Fried Egg or Bacon goes with almost any sandwich!

Sandwich Toppings: Sometimes its nice to try different fillings
    If things are a different color, that means they are amazing together. White ones are just....you can figure it out
  • Lemon Zest/Lemon Juice
  • Smoked Salmon
  • Sour Cream (mix with lemon juice, salt, and pepper)
  • Salt + Pepper
  • Prosciutto
  • Fig
  • Fresh Basil
  • Any jam, Fig Jam (recipe soon)
  • Potato chips
  • Tuna Salad
  • Alfalfa Sprouts
  • shaved Parmesan, Havarti, White Cheddar, shredded Mozzarella
  • Challah, Tomato, Biscuit, Crepe [breads]
  • Country Ham
  • Pickled Onions

Cheese Steak Sandwich: Lazy lazy lazy with this cause I typed it last. Meat sandwiches are easy to guess amounts though.
Spoiler:

Chicken

Coffee Glazed Chicken & Apples

Spoiler:

SWEETS

Pocket Cookie Sandwich
Spoiler:

PB&C Cookie Sandwich: Anyways....tried out Tri's peanut butter cookies and it was deliciously chewy and still tasted good when cold. Then I kinda changed a few things here and there since I wanted to make them into sandwich cookies (ie. remove the wet ingredients and slightly change the flour). But if you're eating the cookie alone I suggest using Tri's cookies.
Spoiler:

JAMS, TOPPINGS, and CONDIMENTS

Lemon Mayonnaise: Because there's raw egg yolk don't give this to toddlers, pregnant people, or super old people.
Spoiler:

Homemade Nutella/Peanutella: If you've had nutella before it became popular you'd notice the craptastic recipe change. Horrible
Cookbook: Pingas? Th_nutella
Spoiler:

Fruit Compote: The lazy man's preserves
Spoiler:

Important note about homemade jams
  • If you're clumsy. Just try not to hurt yourself with these steps.
  • You MUST sanitize the jars and anything else that will come into contact with the jam during the bottling process.
  • Do this by boiling the jars, lid, spoon used to handle the jam, and the tongs used to handle the hot jars. Boil them for like 10 minutes.
  • Wipe the rim with a Hot Watered-Towel before sealing it tightly with a lid.
  • They will keep for 2-3 months in a fridge.
  • If you want to keep them longer. Place the now-full jars in a pot of boiling water so that it's 1 inch under the water. Boil this way for 15-20 minutes. Transfer to a cooling rack with tongs and let it cool. The lids will seal themselves and then you can keep them in the cupboard for like....a year o_o

Cardamom-Peach Jam: You don't need a digital themometer but it'll make this easier
Cookbook: Pingas? Th_cardapeche
Spoiler:

Sour Cherry Jam
Spoiler:

Black Fig Jam
Spoiler:

Spiced Orange Coffee Syrup
Spoiler:

SOUPS

Some extra info: Soak the diced potatoes in cold water if you aren't using it immediately. This keeps it from going brown
Feel free to drink while making this. Its hard to mess up

Baked Potato Soup
Cookbook: Pingas? Th_PotatoSoup
Spoiler:
Chicken Broth!!! (sounds dumb but its cheaper than buying broth. Also used for the next recipe or whatever else needs chicken broth)

Spoiler:

Chicken and Dumplings <3

Spoiler:

Coffee

Secrets to a Good Cup O' Joe:
  • Buy fresh roasted, fresh ground beans. If you have a grinder at home just buy the roasted beans and grind them before brewing. This way they won't be subjected to oxidization and will keep a better flavor.
  • Make sure the grind [fine, rough, etc] is correct for the brewing method. Use this link to figure out what to use: http://www.ineedcoffee.com/03/coffeegrind/
  • Use filtered or bottled COLD water. Most places have bad tap water.
  • If you're making filtered coffee in a drip pot, make sure to wet the grounds first with a little hot water.
  • This ratio of water to coffee works great for whatever brew method you use:
    • 2 Tbsp Coffee
    • 3/4 cup Water
    • Brew 4-6 minutes. Too long and you'll get that extra weird taste

Flavorful junk you can add to your coffee: Plus what flavor they add
Spoiler:

Turkish Coffee: Typically made with an ibrik but I don't have one
Spoiler:

Irish Coffeetini
Spoiler:

Iced Coffee: For one person. Loner D:<
Spoiler:

Last edited by Lymia on Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:01 am; edited 8 times in total
Back to top Go down
Tri3EDGE
Tri3EDGE

PostSubject: Re: Cookbook: Pingas?   Cookbook: Pingas? EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 11:53 pm

i moved the recipe, lol

Last edited by Tri3EDGE on Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lymia
Lymia

PostSubject: Re: Cookbook: Pingas?   Cookbook: Pingas? EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 7:56 pm

[editting them into the first 2 posts]

Last edited by Lymia on Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:08 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Lymia
Lymia

PostSubject: Re: Cookbook: Pingas?   Cookbook: Pingas? EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 10:25 am

>_>

Last edited by Lymia on Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lymia
Lymia

PostSubject: Re: Cookbook: Pingas?   Cookbook: Pingas? EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 6:40 pm

Been having dreams of this ever since I tried it. But it's more seasonal....it isn't available all the time. Per se, how I hate that place. Pre fixed menu price of $270 and about $100 premium if you want their truffle D:

So this is more like an adaptation~

Alban White Truffle Risotto: You only have to sell an organ to make this

Spoiler:

Last edited by Lymia on Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tri3EDGE
Tri3EDGE

PostSubject: Re: Cookbook: Pingas?   Cookbook: Pingas? EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 5:57 pm

cheers lol Lymia, I'm flattered you were able to make my cookies into more epic desert items Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lymia
Lymia

PostSubject: Re: Cookbook: Pingas?   Cookbook: Pingas? EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 1:56 pm

I should just start a blog or some junk =__=
Back to top Go down
Lymia
Lymia

PostSubject: Re: Cookbook: Pingas?   Cookbook: Pingas? EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 1:40 pm

moved

Last edited by Lymia on Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lymia
Lymia

PostSubject: Re: Cookbook: Pingas?   Cookbook: Pingas? EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 11:48 pm

Blueberry Pancakes: Makes about 8 or 10

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Evil
Noobie

PostSubject: Re: Cookbook: Pingas?   Cookbook: Pingas? EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 12:59 am

can i hire you
Back to top Go down
Lymia
Lymia

PostSubject: Re: Cookbook: Pingas?   Cookbook: Pingas? EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 1:56 pm

Evil wrote:
can i hire you
NEVAR!!!
well sort of lol

Cookbook: Pingas? Th_strawberrycups
This doesn't really need directions besides the bottom 2 recipes. Or you can take a shortcut by buying everything premade. Just chop up the cake into small pieces, chop the strawberries, and layer them however you want with the whipped cream. Whipped cream is also easy....get heavy cream and a couple tablespoons of sugar in a bowl, then whisk it until it's whipped cream. You can even add some other diced up things like dates, macapuno, or some chopped dried fruit.

Genoise Cake
Spoiler:

Strawberry Syrup
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Lymia
Lymia

PostSubject: Re: Cookbook: Pingas?   Cookbook: Pingas? EmptyMon May 16, 2011 8:11 pm

An example of why you shouldn't take shortcuts sometimes :C
Cookbook: Pingas? Th_206603_192079470828065_100000780397566_415520_5506936_n

Remake:
Cookbook: Pingas? Th_197562_192079377494741_100000780397566_415515_468734_n
Back to top Go down
Lymia
Lymia

PostSubject: Re: Cookbook: Pingas?   Cookbook: Pingas? EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 11:55 pm

Sauce boss~
I'll touch this up later buuuut

Bourbon glaze (works well with pulled pork or pork shanks)

Saute shallots, bay leaveds, and peppercorn
deglaze with bourbon
add 2 cups brown sugar
adjust thickness with pineapple juice

Sesame Soy
4c sooy sauce
1/2c rice wine vinegar
1 ginger minced
1 bundle of green onion
1/4c sesame oil
1/4c black vinegar
pineapple juice

tomato remoulade (don't blend together. it should look like a tartar sauce)
4c Mayonnaise
Capers
6 sprigs of Tarragon
juice of 2 Lemons
1/4c Sundried tomatoes, minced
2 sprigs Chervil
Lemon zest
Salt and Pepper
Back to top Go down
Lymia
Lymia

PostSubject: Re: Cookbook: Pingas?   Cookbook: Pingas? EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 3:03 am

Southeast Asian flavor :O

Thai Papaya Salad: (you need a large mortar and pestle for this)

Dried Shrimp - As many as you want
1 Garlic Clove, minced
1 Green Papaya, shredded
3-4 Salty Crab (they sell it bottled in a small jar in most asian supermarkets)
1 Tbsp Tamarind Paste, diluted with a touch of water
Tomato, cut into wedges
Lime Juice
Lime Zest
Sugar (if you need to sweeten it)
Chili pepper (added at the beginning if you want it spicy)

Crush the shrimp and garlic together until it's nice and powdery. Overdoing it will turn it into a paste. Add the shredded papaya and pound it a few more times to soften it up. Lightly pound the crabs into it...you don't want to break them into pieces that are too small. Add the rest of the stuff and roughly mix it all together.
Back to top Go down
Lymia
Lymia

PostSubject: Re: Cookbook: Pingas?   Cookbook: Pingas? EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 12:31 am

@Haven: Try experimenting with burgers since they're simple and don't take too long to cook. If you want to spiff it up just change around the toppings, find a different thing for a bun, or stuff the meat patties with cheese. Some good things can be grilled pineapples, grilled onions, smoked ketchup (simple recipe below), pretzel buns, and whatever else. There are so many different sauces you can make for burgers o.o

Smoked Ketchup:
Ketchup
Red Bell Pepper
Worcestershire Sauce

Usings tongs, hold the bell pepper over a flame get the skin nice and charred all around. Place in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap for a few minutes. In a blender, combine the ketchup and worcestershire. Stem, quarter, and deseed the pepper, then add this into the blender. Pulse a few times but don't overblend....it's supposed to keep the black speckles.

Simple spanish thing that I don't know the name for:
Masa Harina (the mexican corn flour thing): 3c
Corn Kernels: 1c
Lard or Shortening: 1/2c
Salt: optional, according to taste

Mix all this together along with about 8 Tablespoons of cold water. Keep adding extra Tablespoon of water at a time until the dough comes together and is smooth (not sticky). All you need to do is take a small piece of the dough, press it into a small 1/4-inch thick disc, and fry this in a pan.

Notes: You can add ground chicken to the dough mix if you want. Or uh....use it for whatever o_o
Back to top Go down
Lymia
Lymia

PostSubject: Re: Cookbook: Pingas?   Cookbook: Pingas? EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 12:13 am

Only a picture e_e
Was for a wine dinner banquet.
S'more popsicle, chocolate chiffon, and a chili-spiced "hot" chocolate
Cookbook: Pingas? Bg2xhf
Back to top Go down
Jinglestan
Jinglestan

PostSubject: Re: Cookbook: Pingas?   Cookbook: Pingas? EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 4:00 pm

mmmmmm looks amazing :O~
Back to top Go down
Lymia
Lymia

PostSubject: Re: Cookbook: Pingas?   Cookbook: Pingas? EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 12:22 am

Aww thanks Jingle. I kinda wish they let me help in the production but at least I got to help plate Sad

This here is a Coriander-crusted pork chop, sauteed asparagus, grilled peaches, and a really weird sauce that somehow came together.

Sauce ingredients with no specific measurements because I was winging it '_'

• Plums
  • Shallots, minced
  • Garlic, minced
  • Olive Oil
  • Orange Juice
  • Riesling Wine
  • Apple Cider Vinegar
  • Cherry fruit roll up
Place plums in blender and blend it to hell. Meanwhile, saute the shallots and garlic in the olive oil. Once it starts to brown (and before it burns) add like.....a couple spoonfuls of apple cider vinegar, the wine, and the fruit roll up. Let the roll up dissolve before transferring it to the plum mush in the blender. Blend it all once again and add orange juice according to how you sweet/acidic you want it. Then transfer all this stuff into a pot and let it boil down to a sauce-like consistency. Strain well and use however you want.

Cookbook: Pingas? WP_000053
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cookbook: Pingas?   Cookbook: Pingas? Empty

Back to top Go down

Cookbook: Pingas?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Promenade :: Other :: Cooking-
Jump to: