Promenade
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Featured Song Here
Similar topics
Latest topics
» 100% Orange Juice Character Guide.
Dual Client DfO (will probably work on other games as well) EmptySat Jul 05, 2014 9:34 am by Maribo

» Budget cookin'
Dual Client DfO (will probably work on other games as well) EmptyMon Mar 17, 2014 9:17 am by sp0909

» Promenade "Photo OP"
Dual Client DfO (will probably work on other games as well) EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 1:38 am by medikun

» Lets make November Animation month?
Dual Client DfO (will probably work on other games as well) EmptyFri Nov 08, 2013 9:07 am by Yden

» I've opened up my playlist
Dual Client DfO (will probably work on other games as well) EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 3:20 am by sp0909

» Basic quest guide
Dual Client DfO (will probably work on other games as well) EmptyTue Sep 24, 2013 7:35 pm by Jinglestan

» Gibberish to Korean basic materials guide
Dual Client DfO (will probably work on other games as well) EmptySat Sep 14, 2013 2:11 pm by Jinglestan

» Mabinogi(Beginner guide inside)
Dual Client DfO (will probably work on other games as well) EmptySat Sep 14, 2013 10:03 am by sp0909

» Final Fantasy XIV
Dual Client DfO (will probably work on other games as well) EmptyTue Sep 10, 2013 7:26 pm by Maribo

» 25% off Final Fantasy 14
Dual Client DfO (will probably work on other games as well) EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 11:29 am by Yden

HTML5 Chat

Dual Client DfO (will probably work on other games as well)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Yden
Yden

Dual Client DfO (will probably work on other games as well) Empty
PostSubject: Dual Client DfO (will probably work on other games as well)   Dual Client DfO (will probably work on other games as well) EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 8:16 pm

Because Dcd wanted it

You'll need VMWare Player for this
http://www.vmware.com/products/player/
You can download it there but you need to register to download.

I'm not going to post how to set it up, there are many guides out there, but you'll need to install windows into this virtual machine (I used Windows XP) and get DFO onto it.

After setting up the virtual machine (finish the install and run windows at least once to finalize the settings), shut it down, go to the directory where the machine is (Default was My Documents\My virtual machines) and go to your machine (mine was Windows XP Professional) and find the .vmx file (it should be around 3 or 4 kb) and add the following lines to the end of it.
Dual Client DfO (will probably work on other games as well) Vmxfile
Code:
monitor_control.virtual_rdtsc = "false"
monitor_control.restrict_backdoor = "true"
isolation.tools.getPtrLocation.disable = "true"
isolation.tools.setPtrLocation.disable = "true"
isolation.tools.setVersion.disable = "true"
isolation.tools.getVersion.disable = "true"
monitor_control.disable_directexec = "true"

Afterwards, start your VM again and run dfo and enjoy.

You will need a fairly powerful computer to do this and the second client will be fairly laggy (at least on my computer but it's not the best) but it's possible use the second client to farm VP, transfer gold and items without the mailing fee, power level, or what not.

Dual Client DfO (will probably work on other games as well) Dfomulticlient

Last edited by Yden on Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:46 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
CrazedGamer
Admin
CrazedGamer

PostSubject: Re: Dual Client DfO (will probably work on other games as well)   Dual Client DfO (will probably work on other games as well) EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 11:26 pm

Cool now I can get my unique experience while getting a real experience. Thank you.
Back to top Go down
♥Devia♥
Noobie
♥Devia♥

PostSubject: Re: Dual Client DfO (will probably work on other games as well)   Dual Client DfO (will probably work on other games as well) EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 4:34 pm

Meh.

Stuck on the part on running a virtual machine correctly. Keeps saying that installed it wrong or something.
Back to top Go down
MrsYoruichi
MrsYoruichi

PostSubject: Re: Dual Client DfO (will probably work on other games as well)   Dual Client DfO (will probably work on other games as well) EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 8:51 pm

So with this you could level your alts that are on a different account like power lvl? I read your post just trying to clarify is all.
Back to top Go down
shamus087
Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Dual Client DfO (will probably work on other games as well)   Dual Client DfO (will probably work on other games as well) EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 6:45 pm

So I followed this to the letter and no such luck getting dual Clients going.

My problem stems from when I add the Text to the (.vmx) file. When I add the text and launch the VMware "windows xp/7" I get the following error it says, "The drive is not ready for use; it's door may be open, Please check the drive A: and make sure that a disk is inserted and that the drive door is close.". It eventually gets worse and my VMware system XP/7 crashes refer to the bottom of the post.

I was wondering if the VMware you used to get this going was a older version of it, that was maybe more forgiving/versatile if you messed with the configuration text settings. I think this a problem with the settings/Vmware/player I'm using.

Here is a bit of the relevant system specs that I'm attempting to get this running with.
VMware workstation. Version 7.1.3 build-324285.
VMware Player. Version 3.1.3 build-324285
OS = Win 7 Home premium 64. Current non-VMware windows.
CPU = AMD quad core phenom 2.7ghz.
RAM = 4 gigs.
GPU = XFX Radeon 6850.

I attempted to get this running with WinXP Pro32 and Win7 Ult 64. Both gave me the following error after imputing the text provided to the config text file.

Here is a image of the VMware crashing. Dual Client DfO (will probably work on other games as well) Th_VMcrash

Sorry about bumping the topic and thanks in advance for any help you can provide in getting this running.
Back to top Go down
Yden
Yden

PostSubject: Re: Dual Client DfO (will probably work on other games as well)   Dual Client DfO (will probably work on other games as well) EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 1:02 pm

Hmm. Did the VM boot up before you put those lines in? The lines also need to be added at the end of the file. Did you happen to replace the whole file with those lines?
Back to top Go down
shamus087
Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Dual Client DfO (will probably work on other games as well)   Dual Client DfO (will probably work on other games as well) EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 1:49 pm

No, once I put the lines in I then started VMware. Nah I added them at the end of the file or bottom if you will. I can take a screen shot if you like.
Back to top Go down
Yden
Yden

PostSubject: Re: Dual Client DfO (will probably work on other games as well)   Dual Client DfO (will probably work on other games as well) EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 1:59 pm

I think that's the problem then. You probably have to start your VM once and complete the windows install before adding the lines.
Back to top Go down
shamus087
Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Dual Client DfO (will probably work on other games as well)   Dual Client DfO (will probably work on other games as well) EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 4:27 pm

oh okay, I'll do that then. Do you think I should mess with updating windows XP to the current SP2 and SP3?
Back to top Go down
Yden
Yden

PostSubject: Re: Dual Client DfO (will probably work on other games as well)   Dual Client DfO (will probably work on other games as well) EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 4:47 pm

If you're going to only use it for dual clienting then I wouldn't. There's no real reason to do so.
Back to top Go down
shamus087
Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Dual Client DfO (will probably work on other games as well)   Dual Client DfO (will probably work on other games as well) EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 5:31 pm

Ahh thank you! I got it to run, but only for a short while. After a time it starts throwing memory errors at me. I wonder, did you ever get hit with any memory errors? the memory errors hitting me eventually make the VMware-XP bluescreen on me. I'm going to see if there is any tips online in other forums and such in the meantime about memory errors affecting VMware 7.1.3.

as for the updates i'll stick to XP as is like you said.

Again thank you for all your help! Smile

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dual Client DfO (will probably work on other games as well)   Dual Client DfO (will probably work on other games as well) Empty

Back to top Go down

Dual Client DfO (will probably work on other games as well)
Page 1 of 1