Promenade
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Featured Song Here
Similar topics
Latest topics
» 100% Orange Juice Character Guide.
Official  Phantasy Star Universe Thread EmptySat Jul 05, 2014 9:34 am by Maribo

» Budget cookin'
Official  Phantasy Star Universe Thread EmptyMon Mar 17, 2014 9:17 am by sp0909

» Promenade "Photo OP"
Official  Phantasy Star Universe Thread EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 1:38 am by medikun

» Lets make November Animation month?
Official  Phantasy Star Universe Thread EmptyFri Nov 08, 2013 9:07 am by Yden

» I've opened up my playlist
Official  Phantasy Star Universe Thread EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 3:20 am by sp0909

» Basic quest guide
Official  Phantasy Star Universe Thread EmptyTue Sep 24, 2013 7:35 pm by Jinglestan

» Gibberish to Korean basic materials guide
Official  Phantasy Star Universe Thread EmptySat Sep 14, 2013 2:11 pm by Jinglestan

» Mabinogi(Beginner guide inside)
Official  Phantasy Star Universe Thread EmptySat Sep 14, 2013 10:03 am by sp0909

» Final Fantasy XIV
Official  Phantasy Star Universe Thread EmptyTue Sep 10, 2013 7:26 pm by Maribo

» 25% off Final Fantasy 14
Official  Phantasy Star Universe Thread EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 11:29 am by Yden

HTML5 Chat

Official Phantasy Star Universe Thread

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Squeezit
Squeezit

Official  Phantasy Star Universe Thread Empty
PostSubject: Official Phantasy Star Universe Thread   Official  Phantasy Star Universe Thread EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 4:22 am

it was fun to play for awhile (once they fixed some shit that was definitely wrong with it)
but now the servers are offline.
a little less than a year from now a friend is putting up a free server, and i get to keep my old character.

anyways if you wanna play the JP servers (they're free now, it used to be pay to play, now its free to play, but there are certain things you can pay for, purely optional. and thank god its not clothes, clothes is free)

Download the game client:
http://phantasystaruniverse.jp/download/psuilluminus/httpdownload/

How to join a japanese server:
http://psupedia.info/Joining_the_Japanese_Server#How_to_Join_the_Japanese_Servers

video guide
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=176829

Last edited by Squeezit on Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Official Phantasy Star Universe Thread   Official  Phantasy Star Universe Thread EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 6:08 pm

I've been interested in the series, what's it like?
And the server your friend is putting up, is it english?
Back to top Go down
Squeezit
Squeezit

PostSubject: Re: Official Phantasy Star Universe Thread   Official  Phantasy Star Universe Thread EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 7:01 pm

the free server is english.
basically the ORIGINAL english servers went offline, im afraid. permanantly
the series doesnt continue although PSU has a lot of references to PSO
but PSU changed the story for the races BIGTIME
however its still always been a fun game, especially online (i miss sitting afk on 4th floor everyday, im going to do that on the jp servers just to see how many people recognize me...i was very well known on the english servers)

the game is still online in english for xbox 360, but until the free server comes out, we wont be able to play it online anymore.
I do intend to join the jp servers eventually, i'll also be grabbing a katakana translation, and start translating stuff on my own. it'll be fun if i start picking up on some words so i can start playing a lot of japanese games i've always wanted to play :>
Back to top Go down
Squeezit
Squeezit

PostSubject: Re: Official Phantasy Star Universe Thread   Official  Phantasy Star Universe Thread EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 10:47 am

bumping this to the top so its easier for me to find, also because i updated the first post
Back to top Go down
Squeezit
Squeezit

PostSubject: class guide   Official  Phantasy Star Universe Thread EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 11:32 am

ok, if you started playing, im sure you've noticed the weapons you pick up have a letter next to them (c rank, B rank, A rank, S rank)
now certain classes can use certain items, so what you want to do is click
F1, enter, left once, enter
look at all those available classes and see what weapons you want to use
if it shows a weapon (such as a sword) with a B next to it, then you can use that weapon up to a B rank
obviously S rank weapons are stronger
also it depends on what class you are that you can level your skills up to (at level 11 melee weapons get another combo, also at level 21 and 31. spells get bigger at level 11, 21, 31, 41, 51. Guns have more status effect increases at 11, 21, 31, 41, 51)
keep in mind also, there is a small fee for changing your class. the fee depends on what class you choose. its not a large fee, so feel free to change your classes often. (my fighgunner was a fighgunner 90% of the time and a fortegunner 10% of the time)

lastly, where to go to change your class. go to 5th floor clyez (the first world you start off on) and go to the back of the counter and talk to the lady at the very back

In america the skill max level limit was 50, im pretty sure Japan's is higher, but i'll change it when i find out later, In any case, count on almost every classes skill level limit being atleast 10 levels higher

ill post those classes here
this is a hunter
no requirements
Official  Phantasy Star Universe Thread Psu20100802_105941_000

Gunner:
no requirements
Official  Phantasy Star Universe Thread Psu20100802_105943_001

Techer/Force:
No requirements
Official  Phantasy Star Universe Thread Psu20100802_105944_002

Fighgunner (my favorite class)
Description: An advanced type combining the abilities of Hunters and Rangers. Primary strength is in striking weapons, but can also use firearms. (can also use traps, and G traps)
requirements: Gunner level 3 , Hunter level 5
Official  Phantasy Star Universe Thread Psu20100802_105946_003
Skills: level 40 Bullets: level 30 TECHNICs: cannot use

GunTecher
Description: An advanced type combining the abilities of Rangers and Forces. Can use both firearms and TECHNICs for the ultimate in long-range support.
requirements: Gunner level 5, Techer level 3
Official  Phantasy Star Universe Thread Psu20100802_105947_004
Skills: level 10 Bullets: level 40 TECHNICs: Attack 20, Assist 30

WarTecher
requirement: Techer level 5, Hunter level 3
Description: An advanced type combining the abilities of Forces and Hunters. Uses TECHNICs and striking attacks, and has a strong defense.
Official  Phantasy Star Universe Thread Psu20100802_105948_005
Skills: level 30 Bullets: level 20 TECHNICs: attack 30, assist 30

Fortefighter
requirement: Hunter level 10
Description: An expert melee fighter focused on striking attacks. Weapon choice is limited but attack and defensive power is unparalleled.
Official  Phantasy Star Universe Thread Psu20100802_105949_006
Skills: level 40 Bullets: level 20 TECHNICs: cannot use

ForteGunner
requirement: Gunner level 10
description: An expert ranged fighter focused on firearms. Weapon choice is limited, but attack power and accuracy are unparalleled.
Official  Phantasy Star Universe Thread Psu20100802_105950_007
skills: level 20 Bullets: Level 40 (unconfirmed, I believe its higher) TECHNICs: cannot use

Fortetecher
description: An expert TECHNIC user that can use all TECHNICs with unmatched power. Lacks a strong defense in combat.
requirements: techer level 10
Official  Phantasy Star Universe Thread Psu20100802_105951_008
Skills: level 10 Bullets: level 30 TECHNICs: attack 40, assist 40

Protranser (originally the only class capable of using EX traps, no longer the case. Extremely fun class, however i do not recommend to beginners)
description: An experimental type that is well-versed in the use of traps. All traps become several times more powerful in the hands of this type.
requirements: gunner level 5, techer level 5, hunter level 5
Official  Phantasy Star Universe Thread Psu20100802_105952_009
Skills: up to level 30, Bullets: level 40 TECHNICs: cannot use

AcroFighter
requirements: Hunter Level 3, Ranger Level 5, Force level 1
description: Advanced type skilled with single-handed weapons. Has very fast reflexes and can use multiple weapons
Official  Phantasy Star Universe Thread Psu20100802_105953_010
skills: up to level 40 Bullets: level 30 TECHNICs: Cannot Use

AcroTecher
requirements: Hunter: Level 1 Ranger level 3, Force level 5
Description: Advanced type specializing in support. Has various combat abilities and TECHNIC focus.
Official  Phantasy Star Universe Thread Psu20100802_105955_011
skills: level 20 Bullets: level 20 Skills: Attack 30, Assist 50

FighMaster
requirements: Fighgunner: Level 10 or higher
and Fortefighter: Level 10 or higher
description:An advanced type specializing in close-quarters melee combat. An expert at striking attacks.
Official  Phantasy Star Universe Thread Psu20100802_105956_012
Skills: Up to Level 50 Bullets: Cannot Use TECHNICs: Cannot Use

Gunmaster
requirements: GunTecher level 10 ForteGunner level 10
description: An advanced type specializing in long-ranged combat. An expert at ranged attacks.
Official  Phantasy Star Universe Thread Psu20100802_105957_013
Skills: Cannot Use Bullets: Up to level 50 TECHNICs: Cannot Use

Master Force
requirements: Wartecher: Level 10 or higher
and Fortetecher: Level 10 or higher
description: An advanced type specializing in TECHNICs. An expert at TECHNIC based attacks.
Official  Phantasy Star Universe Thread Psu20100802_105958_014
Skills: Cannot Use Bullets: Cannot Use TECHNICs: attacks up to level 50, Support skills up to level 10

Last edited by Squeezit on Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:37 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Squeezit
Squeezit

PostSubject: Re: Official Phantasy Star Universe Thread   Official  Phantasy Star Universe Thread EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 11:52 am

items to keep:

any weapon you want obviously, sell the junk weapons (anything below S rank is junk, S ranks you can keep even if you have no use for them, only if you plan on subscribing for a month or two to sell them to other players)

to add these items to your palette so you may quickly use them, press F1 2nd option for items, 3rd section for usable items, click on said item (such as monomate), click first option, and set it anywhere on that palette

monomate: heals 100 health (or was it 200?)
Official  Phantasy Star Universe Thread Psu20100802_114547_027

Dimate: heals 500 health
Official  Phantasy Star Universe Thread Psu20100802_114548_028

Trimate, heals 1000 health
Official  Phantasy Star Universe Thread Psu20100802_114549_029

Scapedoll: revives you when you die
Official  Phantasy Star Universe Thread Psu20100802_114601_030

Photon Charger, when your weapon runs out of PP (guns, or magic weapons, or using Techniques on melee weapons uses PP)
Official  Phantasy Star Universe Thread Psu20100802_114604_031

Photon Charge Cosmo: refills the PP in all your weapons
Official  Phantasy Star Universe Thread Psu20100802_114605_032
Back to top Go down
Maribo
Maribo

PostSubject: Re: Official Phantasy Star Universe Thread   Official  Phantasy Star Universe Thread EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 11:55 am

FORTEFIGHTER HERE I COME
Back to top Go down
Squeezit
Squeezit

PostSubject: Re: Official Phantasy Star Universe Thread   Official  Phantasy Star Universe Thread EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 12:00 pm

items to buy (if you want, not mandatory at all, just helpful if you dont need the money)

shifta: raises your attack
Official  Phantasy Star Universe Thread Psu20100802_115451_033

Deband: raises your defense
Official  Phantasy Star Universe Thread Psu20100802_115452_034

forget the name: raises your tech spells or your evasion (yellow one is evasion, i'll have to test and figure out which is which)
Official  Phantasy Star Universe Thread Psu20100802_115453_035

same as above, just not sure which one is tech and which is evasion. white is useless unless you cast spells (though it does raise your magic defense a bit so its not terrible) the yellow makes you block attacks more often
Official  Phantasy Star Universe Thread Psu20100802_115454_036
Back to top Go down
Squeezit
Squeezit

PostSubject: Re: Official Phantasy Star Universe Thread   Official  Phantasy Star Universe Thread EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 12:05 pm

Newmans get a Bonus to Magic classes, and a negative to receiving damage (melee is not a good idea)

CASTs get a bonus to Gun weaponry, and a bonus to Accuracy as well (when you hit enemies sometimes you'll see a 0, thats the same as you blocking their attacks, they just dont get an animation for it)

Beasts get a bonus to Melee, and a negative to accuracy, they're the strongest of all classes. Great for a Fortefighter, for example.

Humans get a bonus to everything, though not as large a bonus as other classes.

Beasts also can buy tattoo's at level 20 to transform into beasts for a limited time.
Blue makes you invincible and strong for a time.
Red makes you extremely strong
Yellow makes you fast
I forget what green does

CASTs can go to planet parum at level 20 and buy an addon for their armor that gives them a bigass gun that they powerup during a level (same as beasts) and blow up virtually everything in a level
ill add a guide later if requested.

oh right, newmans get a negative to melee (though i had a newman fortefighter for a long time so its not impossible) Beasts get a negative to accuracy and CASTs get a negative to magic
Back to top Go down
Maribo
Maribo

PostSubject: Re: Official Phantasy Star Universe Thread   Official  Phantasy Star Universe Thread EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 7:41 pm

Wait class am i i forgot

Cuz i wanted the beast transformation
Back to top Go down
Squeezit
Squeezit

PostSubject: Re: Official Phantasy Star Universe Thread   Official  Phantasy Star Universe Thread EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 8:38 pm

does your character have elf ears, furry ears, human looking ears, or robot ears?

you can see more differences than that, but you'll get the hang of it.

Back to top Go down
Maribo
Maribo

PostSubject: Re: Official Phantasy Star Universe Thread   Official  Phantasy Star Universe Thread EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 9:04 pm

Back to top Go down
Lymia
Lymia

PostSubject: Re: Official Phantasy Star Universe Thread   Official  Phantasy Star Universe Thread EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 4:57 am

@Lurker: Because it'll get lost if I posted it in chat so here's my mini summary of buying photon art discs (skills)

You buy them from GRD-AS on the 2nd floor of Clyez(where you start off).
http://www.psupedia.info/GRD-AS
That there is the basic layout of the NPC store items. The guys on the right counter sell the skill discs.

To equip them open up your inventory and use the disc from the second page of items. From there go to the first page with your weapons and go to the weapon that you bought the skill for. Select it and choose the second option. From there it should show the list of skills you have. Select that skill and it will leave a blue symbol to the left which shows that the skill is equipped to that weapon.
Back to top Go down
Maribo
Maribo

PostSubject: Re: Official Phantasy Star Universe Thread   Official  Phantasy Star Universe Thread EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 9:57 am

wooo got my nanoblast, if you plan on playin i can powerlvl you thru most of the game.
Back to top Go down
Squeezit
Squeezit

PostSubject: Re: Official Phantasy Star Universe Thread   Official  Phantasy Star Universe Thread EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 12:06 pm

Lymia wrote:
@Lurker: Because it'll get lost if I posted it in chat so here's my mini summary of buying photon art discs (skills)

You buy them from GRD-AS on the 2nd floor of Clyez(where you start off).
http://www.psupedia.info/GRD-AS
That there is the basic layout of the NPC store items. The guys on the right counter sell the skill discs.

To equip them open up your inventory and use the disc from the second page of items. From there go to the first page with your weapons and go to the weapon that you bought the skill for. Select it and choose the second option. From there it should show the list of skills you have. Select that skill and it will leave a blue symbol to the left which shows that the skill is equipped to that weapon.
if i need to make a guide for this, let me know, i'll get around to it.
but if ya'll already figured it out, then i dont really need to
Back to top Go down
Squeezit
Squeezit

PostSubject: Re: Official Phantasy Star Universe Thread   Official  Phantasy Star Universe Thread EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 12:38 pm

Class guide has been heavily updated, also added skill level limits, bullet level limits, and technic level limits, to give you a good idea of what class can use up to what strength of each item
Back to top Go down
Squeezit
Squeezit

PostSubject: Re: Official Phantasy Star Universe Thread   Official  Phantasy Star Universe Thread EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 2:21 pm

just got a new email, translated it, says it changed my password temporarily so, im guessing after a few months of using that password check your email every so often and translate it, seems they'll send you a new password periodically (i havent tried it yet, but i think this is the case)
Back to top Go down
DragonKingEx
DragonKingEx

PostSubject: Re: Official Phantasy Star Universe Thread   Official  Phantasy Star Universe Thread EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 4:21 am

english server now
Back to top Go down
Squeezit
Squeezit

PostSubject: Re: Official Phantasy Star Universe Thread   Official  Phantasy Star Universe Thread EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 3:53 am

ill check on its status
Back to top Go down
Squeezit
Squeezit

PostSubject: Re: Official Phantasy Star Universe Thread   Official  Phantasy Star Universe Thread EmptySat Nov 27, 2010 7:40 pm

so for all of you who were interested in the free server thread, the american one is up now
http://psumods.co.uk/forums/comments.php?DiscussionID=40&page=1

its not fully completed yet, but you'll probably have to torrent Phantasy Star Universe Ambition of the Illuminus

anyways im sure there are bugs, and im sure the missions you can do are limited.
but if your interested check it out. you can atleast get the feel for how the game was originally.

guess they're still working on this one. i'll get around to hopping on when i have some time, eventually.
Back to top Go down
Squeezit
Squeezit

PostSubject: Re: Official Phantasy Star Universe Thread   Official  Phantasy Star Universe Thread EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 2:58 am

favor to ask?
can anyone make me a quick account on here please?
i work too much and a friend asked me for help on making one. I don't have the time to do it <_<

but if any of you could help me out here, i'd really appreciate it, please
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official Phantasy Star Universe Thread   Official  Phantasy Star Universe Thread Empty

Back to top Go down

Official Phantasy Star Universe Thread
Page 1 of 1