Promenade
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Featured Song Here
Similar topics
Latest topics
» 100% Orange Juice Character Guide.
Omegle's Cat: A Two Hour Long Conversation in Spy Mode EmptySat Jul 05, 2014 9:34 am by Maribo

» Budget cookin'
Omegle's Cat: A Two Hour Long Conversation in Spy Mode EmptyMon Mar 17, 2014 9:17 am by sp0909

» Promenade "Photo OP"
Omegle's Cat: A Two Hour Long Conversation in Spy Mode EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 1:38 am by medikun

» Lets make November Animation month?
Omegle's Cat: A Two Hour Long Conversation in Spy Mode EmptyFri Nov 08, 2013 9:07 am by Yden

» I've opened up my playlist
Omegle's Cat: A Two Hour Long Conversation in Spy Mode EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 3:20 am by sp0909

» Basic quest guide
Omegle's Cat: A Two Hour Long Conversation in Spy Mode EmptyTue Sep 24, 2013 7:35 pm by Jinglestan

» Gibberish to Korean basic materials guide
Omegle's Cat: A Two Hour Long Conversation in Spy Mode EmptySat Sep 14, 2013 2:11 pm by Jinglestan

» Mabinogi(Beginner guide inside)
Omegle's Cat: A Two Hour Long Conversation in Spy Mode EmptySat Sep 14, 2013 10:03 am by sp0909

» Final Fantasy XIV
Omegle's Cat: A Two Hour Long Conversation in Spy Mode EmptyTue Sep 10, 2013 7:26 pm by Maribo

» 25% off Final Fantasy 14
Omegle's Cat: A Two Hour Long Conversation in Spy Mode EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 11:29 am by Yden

HTML5 Chat

Omegle's Cat: A Two Hour Long Conversation in Spy Mode

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
AlceLurker
Noobie

Omegle's Cat: A Two Hour Long Conversation in Spy Mode Empty
PostSubject: Omegle's Cat: A Two Hour Long Conversation in Spy Mode   Omegle's Cat: A Two Hour Long Conversation in Spy Mode EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 5:26 pm

I decided to post a question for the purpose of baiting, but what I got was a surprise and a two hour long conversation on Omegle. These two gentlemen muse on about my inane questions for about two hours until they realized that they came to an answer. I bring to you the problem that they dubbed, in complete, unedited, and unabridged form: Omegle's Cat. Enjoy:

You're now watching two strangers discuss your question!

Question to discuss: Do you ever feel bad cutting off Stranger 2, Stranger 1? What if Stranger 2 has a very interesting tale to tell and you just cut him or her off by disconnecting? How rude, Stranger 1!

Stranger 2: i wonder which stranger i am

Stranger 1
: as do i

Stranger 1: this is something of a conundrum as I am unsure of being stranger 1 or 2

Stranger 2
: does the colour code make any difference at all?

Stranger 1
: you are always blue and the stranger is always red

Stranger 2
: hmmm

Stranger 2
: that makes it even more vague

Stranger 2: waw

Stranger 2: the only person that knows it the SPY

Stranger 1: yes therefore this question is at an impasse

Stranger 1: i hereby request an adjournment

Stranger 2: but the SPY will never be able to tell us

Stranger 2
: this conversation is in a way a paradox

Stranger 1: not a paradox as there is a solution

Stranger 1: but not one that we are aware of

Stranger 2: pray tell

Stranger 1: clearly the asker knows who between us is stranger 1 or stranger 2

Stranger 2: by now i have more questions than answers

Stranger 1: however we do not have the ability to divine that information from what we have available

Stranger 1
: as the only constant that either of us are aware of is that we are identified as you and stranger

Stranger 2: hmmm

Stranger 2: unless one of us can hack

Stranger 1: well that would break the game

Stranger 2: well that takes away the solution

Stranger 1: cheating to find the answer is not finding the answer at all i think

Stranger 2
: u made an interesting point eariler

Stranger 2
: "there is a solution, but one one that we are aware of"

Stranger 2: does that apply to EVERY problem to the world?

Stranger 1
: it likely could

Stranger 2
: like for example an ethical dilema

Stranger 1: an ethical dillema imho is going to vary by point of view

Stranger 2: there's always a 3rd choice that we dont know of yet?

Stranger 1: which is the heart of the matter here, we lack the point of view to be able to tell if i am stranger 1 or you are stranger 1

Stranger 1: but someone else outside the discussion has perfect clarity on that matter

Stranger 2: but we are limited by the system to understand that truth

Stranger 1: how true

Stranger 2: so logically speaking, to reach the truth, one must rid the system

Stranger 2
: so hacking wouldn't be cheating, it would be a solution

Stranger 1: or change the system entirely

Stranger 2: a part of a solution

Stranger 1: even though outside the system you could be stranger 2, what if i decided that you were in fact stranger 1?

Stranger 2: or one of many solutions

Stranger 2: how about gambling and risk>

Stranger 2: a game of chance

Stranger 1: well from a gambling stand point you would know the odds from the start

Stranger 2
: 50/50

Stranger 1
: yes

Stranger 1: i could be right or wrong with an equal chance of either by saying that you were stranger 1

Stranger 1: the logical fallacy being that i would not know the result of my wager

Stranger 2: let's say I gamble to be stranger 2 and took the initiative to disconnect, I would'nt be antagonised, and it wouldn't be your fault in the eyes of the spy

Stranger 2: i see, knowledge is power

Stranger 2: ignorance is bliss

Stranger 1: if i were to be stranger 1 according to the question i think at this point it would be far past a point by which you would have been cut off

Stranger 2: if one of us do disconnect, would you force yourself into the mindset that you were the other stranger to enable peace in your mind, in other word comfortable?

Stranger 1
: it would be irrelevant to me as the only variables known are you and stanger

Stranger 2: lol i think we may have discovered an omgele equivalent to Schrödinger's cat

Stranger 1: having a different point of view on things would change the perspective by which i evaluated the situationi

Stranger 1: interesting, that may well be true

Stranger 2: i am saving this for analysis, and conversation topics

Stranger 1
: it seems our paths did cross again under more favorable circumstances to discuss something then

Stranger 2: well done SPY, you have created a meaningful topic on omegle

Stranger 1: i personally have no problem with you saving this conversation

Stranger 1: shame i will only be known to the outside world as either stranger, stranger 1 or stranger 2

Stranger 1: however another interesting solution may have been presented

Stranger 1: if this transcript were to be saved, then whose perspective would it have?

Stranger 2: unless SPY saves it too

Stranger 1: if it were seen from the original eyes of the spy then it would be known to us after the fact which one of us were in fact stranger 1 and stranger 2

Stranger 2: which we can only hope

Stranger 2: unless we give each other a title

Stranger 2: i may have found a solution

Stranger 2: but it relies on trust

Stranger 2: and hope

Stranger 2: if we give each other a title

Stranger 2: or say our names

Stranger 2: and each save the transcript

Stranger 2: as do the SPY if still around

Stranger 1: that would work only if the spy saved the transcript

Stranger 2: and post it on a certain location

Stranger 1: as likely ours would be only you and stranger still

Stranger 2: but not for the SPY's transcript

Stranger 1: true

Stranger 2: the only solution is our trust in the SPY would actually do this

Stranger 1: it would all hinge on the spy saving the transcript that they have

Stranger 1: either of us saving the transcript is itself irrelevant as our system does not reveal a stranger 1 or stranger 2

Stranger 2: i guess

Stranger 1: at least for the determination of who is stranger 1 and stranger 2

Stranger 1: as our perspective is you and stranger

Stranger 1: where the spy or anyone else on the outside would see us as stranger 1 and stranger 2

Stranger 2: well...

Stranger 2: what is your name?

Stranger 1: Frank Rizzo

Stranger 2: I'm Terry Cheung

Stranger 1: so now at least we have established outside this system who we are

Stranger 2: and if the transcript does get somewhere, we have left a mark in history

Stranger 1: the only remaining question being who is in fact stranger 1 or stranger 2

Stranger 1: and now that i think about it

Stranger 2: for now, we are limited to blind gambling

Stranger 1
: if we were both to have answered the original question from the point of view of being stranger 1 then either way at least one of us is guaranteed to be correct in answering the question as stranger 1

Stranger 2: ha

Stranger 2: before any of us disconnect, we should give this problem a name

Stranger 1: well you brought up shrodingers cat before so would calling it an omegle cat be a decent name?

Stranger 2: ha

Stranger 2: thats perfect

Stranger 2: well i guess the quickest way out of this problem, is if one of us take a blind gamble as stranger 2 to disconnect

Stranger 2: even if we dont see an immediate result (depending IF they spy has done anything) it would be a win win/ win lose situation

Stranger 1: even if one did disconnect we would then only be idenfied further as the conversational partner

Stranger 2: so its the person who takes the initiative to disconnect is the one with 50/50 chance of losing

Stranger 1: which does not allow for a resolution of the dilemma

Stranger 1: well i would have no problem taking that risk

Stranger 1: but the way most of my sports betting has gone lately its almost guaranteed that i would be wrong

Stranger 2: lol neither do I, the outcome is meaningless, its the problem that's interesting

Stranger 1: true that does seem to be the heart of the matter

Stranger 2: so do it

Stranger 1: ok

Stranger 1: i rather enjoyed this discussioni

Stranger 2: so did I

Stranger 1 has disconnected
Back to top Go down
Daidarapochi
Daidarapochi

Omegle's Cat: A Two Hour Long Conversation in Spy Mode Empty
PostSubject: Re: Omegle's Cat: A Two Hour Long Conversation in Spy Mode   Omegle's Cat: A Two Hour Long Conversation in Spy Mode EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 11:47 pm

How rude Stranger 1!
Back to top Go down

Omegle's Cat: A Two Hour Long Conversation in Spy Mode
Page 1 of 1